Are you finished with the setup of your website? Yes, now is the moment to get the word out about your brand to your target audience. Your target audience should be aware of what sets your brand unique from other competitors in the industry.
The primary goal of your business should be to get people to visit your website. For the time being, your website is the only way people can learn about your company.
You may drive Website Traffic in a variety of ways. We’ll go through a few of them here, as well as how you can benefit from them:-
- 1 Increase Your Website Traffic
- 1.1 1. Write Useful Content
- 1.2 2. Write Evergreen Content
- 1.3 3. Publish More List Posts
- 1.4 4. Know your Audience
- 1.5 5. Invest in Link Building
- 1.6 6. Search Engine Optimization
- 1.7 7. Pay Attention to On-Page SEO
- 1.8 8. Target Long-Tail Keywords
- 1.9 9. Start Guest Blogging
- 1.10 10. Post Quality Content
- 1.11 11. Write Irresistible Headlines
- 1.12 12. Build Social Media Presence
- 1.13 13. Invite Others to Guest Blog on Your Site
- 1.14 14. Post Content to LinkedIn
- 1.15 15. Implement Schema Microdata
- 1.16 16. Link Internally
- 1.17 17. Make Sure Your Site is Responsive
- 1.18 18. Make Sure Your Site is Fast
- 1.19 19. In the comment sections, make yourself heard.
- 1.20 20. Analyze Your Analytics Data
- 1.21 21. Incorporate Video into Your Content Strategy
- 1.22 22. Try Email Marketing
- 1.23 23. Keep an Eye on Analytics
- 1.24 24. Increase Website Traffic Through Advertising
- 1.25 25. Blog commenting
- 1.26 26. Increase Website Traffic With Influencer Marketing
- 1.27 27. Increase Website Traffic Using Online Communities
- 1.28 28. Improve Old Blog Posts
- 1.29 29. Best Free Tools To Increase Website Traffic
- 1.30 30. Host Webinars
- 1.31 31. Attend Conferences
- 1.32 32. Merge Similar Articles
- 1.33 33. Use the Skyscraper Technique
- 1.34 34. Create an Expert Roundup Post
- 1.35 35. Write on Medium
- 1.36 36. Get into Facebook Groups
- 1.37 37. Answer Questions on Quora
- 1.38 38. Post on Product Hunt
- 1.39 39. Drive Traffic To Your Website From Forums
- 1.40 40. Create Your Own Forum
- 1.41 41. Pay Attention to Your Website’s SEO Health
- 1.42 42. Get Your Content in Featured Snippets
- 1.43 43. Use Analytics Data to Find Under-Performing Pages
- 1.44 44. Optimize Your Best Traffic Sources
- 1.45 45. Steal Your Competitors’ Traffic Sources
- 1.46 46. Target Topics with Traffic Potential
- 1.47 47. Do Question-Based Keyword Research
- 1.48 48. Identify Keyword Gaps
- 1.49 49. Fix Lost ‘Link Juice’ on 404 Pages
- 1.50 50. Boost Authority with Internal Links
- 2 Conclusion
Increase Your Website Traffic
1. Write Useful Content
Respond to questions that a lot of people are asking online but isn’t getting a good answer.
Google and other search engines operate primarily to provide users with answers to their questions. Google will send visitors to your website if you can answer questions with content on your website.
Just make sure you choose a topic that won’t be outdated in a few month.
2. Write Evergreen Content
Content that remains relevant even after it has been published is known as evergreen content.
Some content, such as news items, soon becomes outdated, whereas evergreen content does not. In fact, over time, it can generate a consistent stream of search traffic, leads, and social shares.
In addition, it will:
- Guarantee quality (and compounding) value.
- Help in the educating of new consumers, clients, and readers.
- Help in the development of your authority.
- It might aid in attracting links.
3. Publish More List Posts
A list post is a type of article writing with a headline that incorporates a numbered list of items.
There are numerous list posts on the internet.
4. Know your Audience
Before figuring out how to persuade people to visit your website, figure out who your target audience is and what one item you can provide them through your business. It’s a common blunder made by folks. Don’t jump into things too quickly.
Instead, research your target audience’s habits, trends, and, most importantly, their pain areas. Then on with your ideas for increasing website visitors. You require website traffic that has the potential to convert into a valuable lead.
5. Invest in Link Building
Link building aids in the organic acquisition of more traffic to your website. Link building may be quite beneficial in getting organic traffic on-site once you’ve set the basis of on-page SEO with great content and a positive user experience.
Link building is the process of obtaining hyperlinks from other websites to one’s own.
A hyperlink, often known as a link, is a method for users to browse between websites on the Internet. These links are used by search engines like Google to crawl the web. They also use these links to find new pages, which might help them enhance their search results.
Links also assist them in determining where a page should appear in search results. Keyword research and content production are important in improving your position by organically targeting and placing hyperlinks.
Search engines, on the other hand, take into account one extra factor: backlinks.
What is the total number of pages that have linked to that page? It can help you rank higher in search results if you can gain a link to your page from a reputable website with high domain authority.
Some companies offer link-building services, so if you’re new to the field, you can use a reputable white label link-building agency.
6. Search Engine Optimization
SEO is a powerful tool for enhancing the quality and quantity of traffic to your website. It gives your brand visibility through organic search engine results.
Let’s put it in simpler terms. When you Google “cat,” for example, you’ll almost certainly find photographs of cats, links to cat adoption sites, and other cat-related material.
If you run a cat adoption business, your website link must now appear above other links in order to be recognised.
Your chances of naturally reaching the audience would be doubled if you rank high in SEO. You may optimise your website’s content so that it appears on Google when your target clients search for something that matches your content’s intent.
You’ll need to know a few things to get your content to rank well on Google:-
- Understanding how search engines work and how to use them to your advantage
- Understanding keyword searches and selecting the best keyword for your brand
- Put material in front of your audience that speaks to them and delivers them what they desire. It will help you rise in the rankings.
Proper HTML tags, headers, and meta tags are used (description tags). They help Google understand why your content deserves to be at the top of the search results.
7. Pay Attention to On-Page SEO
Search engine optimization (SEO) is still a valuable and worthwhile strategy. Are you utilising image alt text to its maximum potential? Are you linking to new content from within your site? What about meta descriptions, for example? On-page SEO optimization doesn’t have to be time-consuming, and it can help you increase organic traffic.
8. Target Long-Tail Keywords
Have you covered your high-intent and popular keyword bases? Then it’s time to start focusing on long-tail keywords as well. Long-tail keywords account for the bulk of web searches, therefore you’re missing out if you’re not using them in your paid search or SEO campaigns.
9. Start Guest Blogging
Before you say it, despite what you may have heard, authentic guest blogging isn’t dead. Securing a guest post on a popular website can help you improve blog traffic while also helping to promote your brand. However, be aware that guest blogging standards have evolved dramatically in the last eighteen months, and spamming approaches may result in harsh penalties. Proceed cautiously.
10. Post Quality Content
“Content is King,” Bill Gates stated in 1996. It is still very relevant today. Your internet persona may make or destroy your content. Creating meaningful content will help you establish a connection with your target audience. This relationship has the potential to lead to conversions.
Content marketing can help you build a relationship with your audience by providing them with useful information. You can publish blog entries, films, infographics, courses, social media postings, and other types of material.
11. Write Irresistible Headlines
One of the most critical elements of your content is the headline. Even the most thorough blog post will go unread if it doesn’t have an engaging headline. For example, BuzzFeed and Upworthy writers frequently draught up to twenty titles before choosing the one that would generate the most traffic, so think carefully about your headline before publishing it.
12. Build Social Media Presence
It is critical to publish information on a frequent basis. It’s also crucial that your content be discovered. You may use social media marketing to expand your reach and promote the material that you produce on your website.
You may figure out which platforms are the most popular with your target demographic and devise a strategy to reach out to them. Facebook, for example, allows you to execute paid ad campaigns that are beneficial in generating leads for your company.
13. Invite Others to Guest Blog on Your Site
It’s a two-way street when it comes to guest blogging. Invite others in your niche to write on your own site in addition to posting information on other sites. They’re likely to share and link to their guest post, perhaps bringing in additional visitors to your website. Just make sure you only publish high-quality, unique content that is free of spammy links, as Google is cracking down on low-quality guest blogging.
14. Post Content to LinkedIn
LinkedIn has evolved into much more than a job search tool. LinkedIn, the world’s largest professional social network, has evolved into a significant publishing platform in its own right, therefore you should be regularly contributing content there. This will enhance visitors to your site as well as your industry profile – especially if you have a modest to large following.
15. Implement Schema Microdata
Schema (or another microdata format) will make it easier for search engine bots to identify and index your pages, but it will not drive traffic to your website on its own. Another advantage of schema for SEO is that it can lead to better rich site snippets, which can lead to higher click-through rates.
16. Link Internally
The number of sites that link back to you isn’t the only factor that influences the strength of your link profile; your internal linking structure can also have an impact. Keep an eye out for internal linking opportunities when generating and posting content. This not only aids SEO, but also provides a better, more valuable user experience – the cornerstone of growing traffic to your website.
17. Make Sure Your Site is Responsive
The days of only using desktop computers to browse the internet are long gone. More people than ever before use mobile devices to access the internet, and forcing your visitors to pinch and scroll their way across your site is effectively asking them to go somewhere else. Even if you have a simple website, you must guarantee that it is accessible and comfortable to visit across all devices.
18. Make Sure Your Site is Fast
Have you ever had to wait thirty seconds for a website to load? Neither do I. Your bounce rate will be extremely high if your site takes an eternity to load. Make sure that your pages are technically optimised, including picture file sizes, page layout, and third-party plugin functionality. It’s better if your website loads quickly.
19. In the comment sections, make yourself heard.
While leaving insightful, thought-provoking comments on industry blogs and sites may not immediately increase referral traffic, building a name for yourself by providing insightful, thought-provoking comments on industry blogs and sites is a great way to get your name out there – which can then lead to more traffic to your own site. Just keep in mind that, like with guest writing, quality and relevancy are crucial – you must provide both.
20. Analyze Your Analytics Data
Google Analytics is a gold mine of data on almost every aspect of your website, from the most popular pages to visitor demographics. Keep an eye on your Google Analytics data and utilise it to inform your promotion and content strategy. Keep an eye on which posts and pages are the most popular. Examine visitor data to see how, where, and when your site attracts visitors.
21. Incorporate Video into Your Content Strategy
Text-based content is fine, but video can be a powerful tool for attracting new users and making your website more interesting. Data shows that visual content retains information better than words, so video marketing is a great method to catch – and keep – your audience’s attention while also driving traffic to your website.
22. Try Email Marketing
In digital marketing, email marketing is a critical marketing approach. For every $1 spent on email marketing, the average return on investment is $42. (DMA, 2019). You may utilise email marketing to keep your customers informed, increase sales, and create a community around your business. It is also cost-effective.
Customers’ loyalty to your brand can be increased by sending them personalised emails. You can send both promotional and informational emails to your customers to help them understand more about your company.
23. Keep an Eye on Analytics
For digital marketers and organisations, analytics tools are a godsend. Analytics data can reveal a great deal about your company. It can provide information on the status of marketing strategies as well as suggestions for how to enhance them. Statistics are provided by analytics to assist you in growing your business.
Many free digital analytics tools are available to assist you. These include the following:
- Basic social media analytics with Google Analytics
- Limited versions of paid tools are available for free.
24. Increase Website Traffic Through Advertising
Here’s how to increase website traffic fast: Paid ads.
1. Facebook Ads
To market your website to the platform’s audiences, create a business account on Facebook Ad management. You can start with just $5 per day and run a variety of ads, including:
- Image ads
- Video ads
- Retargeting ads
- Lead Generation Ads
- and more!
2. Instagrams Ads
Instagram allows advertisers to place advertising in Stories, users’ newsfeeds, and the Explore tab. So, rather than only promoting your content, use them to advertise your items.
3. Pinterest Ads
Pinterest is an excellent way to market your products as well as your platform. You won’t find a better area to promote if your target audience is mostly female.
The supported ad formats include:
- Sponsored image and video pins
- Carousel pins and ads
- Shopping ads
- Collection pins and ads
- Sponsored story pins
4. Google Ads
Google Ads are the universal solution for those looking to increase website traffic and sales.
The platform offers the most comprehensive set of ad tools, targeting, and analytics. Google also allows you to manage a variety of cross-channel ad campaigns from a single dashboard:
- Search campaigns
- Video campaigns
- Shopping campaigns
- Display campaigns
- App promo campaigns
5. Twitter Ads
Twitter advertisements are a cost-effective approach to get more people to see your most recent posts. To promote your material to a specific audience and track all clicks/interactions, you can buy sponsored tweets, videos, or conversation cards.
25. Blog commenting
There’s also the possibility of utilizing blog comments to drive traffic to your website.
If you’re having trouble finding sites to comment on, Buzzsumo can assist you in locating sites where relevant content is being published.
SEMrush is another alternative. To see your biggest organic competitors, enter your website’s URL on the homepage. It will then suggest industry blogs for you to comment on as part of your blog commenting strategy.
26. Increase Website Traffic With Influencer Marketing
By 2022, over $15 billion will be allocated towards influencer marketing. Why? Because influencer marketing campaigns have proven to driven significant ROI both in terms of brand awareness, traffic, and sales.
If you want to jump on this bandwagon, here’s where to begin:
1. Send Free Samples To Influencers
The standard PR guidelines apply to influencer marketing.
Create a mailing list of influencers and send them free product samples or access to services if you want to generate some buzz. The majority of people will almost certainly share their experience with their followers for free.
2. Reach Out To Bloggers and Press
You can use organic outreach if you don’t want to give away things or broker advertising arrangements.
Create a database of people who write about your topic on a regular basis (journalists, bloggers, and other businesses) and begin cultivating a relationship with them.
Twitter is an excellent platform for pitching ideas to publishers and discovering quotation requests.
3. Write a Blog Post Featuring Influencers and Their Advice
Once you’ve established a few solid relationships, invite them to contribute to your blog. Create a theme, ask a question, and gather responses from your expert panel. After that, compile all of the responses into an expert round-up post.
Request that all participants post it on social media.
27. Increase Website Traffic Using Online Communities
If you want to make viral content, you should join a variety of online communities:
List of Online Communities
- Hacker News
- Public Slack groups
- Growth Hackers
- Zest.is marketing community
- Moz community
- Marketing Profs community
- Designer News
28. Improve Old Blog Posts
The solution to increasing website traffic is most likely something you already have: old blog posts.
If you’ve been blogging for a long, you’ve probably got a bunch of posts in your archives that need a little Attention to bring them back to life and generate search traffic.
Here are some quick ways to improve old blog posts:
- Update any outdated information.
- Add more images, screenshots, videos, etc.
- Improve your introduction (to make people want to read on).
- Increase your word count (if it makes sense to do so).
- Add links to and from related posts.
- Improve readability with shorter paragraphs and bullet points.
- Republish them and promote them again as new.
29. Best Free Tools To Increase Website Traffic
The free tools listed below can assist you in fine-tuning your website promotion approach, identifying new marketing targets, and tracking outcomes.
BuzzSumo can help you find the most popular and effective content on a variety of topics.
Use it to:
- Discover trending blog post ideas
- Determine click-inducing headline and content formulas
- Measure social media shares of your posts (and those of your competition)
- Find influencers in your niche to collaborate with
Alexa has a number of paid and free tools for analyzing website performance and market opportunities. Analyze competing websites with the free website statistics tool:
- Find new keywords
- Discover websites with similar audiences
- Review popular articles and average engagement per post
This tool may also be used to analyze the performance of your website and identify keyword gaps and lost ranking possibilities.
SimilarWeb is a platform that allows online marketers to evaluate the web traffic statistics of other websites. They wanted to see if it was a decent venue for guest blogging.
You can also check about what your competitors are doing:
- Source of organic and referral traffic to a website
- Web pages with the best performance
- Distribution of demographics by location/interests
4. Google Trends
You can use Google Trends to find out what’s popular in different parts of the world, drill down to extremely specific keywords, and utilise that information to guide your content strategy.
It’s a fantastic tool for:
- Long-tail keyword suggestions that haven’t been explored
- Creating trending and current content for outreach
- Exploring changes in consumer behaviour
30. Host Webinars
People love to learn, and webinars are a great opportunity to share your knowledge with an interested audience. Webinars are a terrific way to generate traffic to your website when combined with an excellent social promotion strategy. Send out an email around a week before the webinar, as well as a “last opportunity to register” reminder the day before.
31. Attend Conferences
Whatever industry you’re in, there’s a good probability that at least one or two large conventions and conferences will be of interest to you. It’s a good idea to attend these events; speaking at them is even better. Even an average speaking engagement can help you position yourself as a thought leader in your field and receive valuable exposure for your website.
32. Merge Similar Articles
If you have a backlog of posts with similar topics and keywords, it can be worth combining them into a single post. It is possible that merging comparable items into one page can improve your Google rankings while also cleaning up your site architecture.
Because the ‘authority’ isn’t divided among many articles. Instead, you have a single, well-thought-out post. Additionally, you’ll have one longer post that explores deeper into a topic, resulting in increased traffic.
Here’s how to combine two or more articles into one:
- Determine which URLs should be kept and which should be removed and redirected.
- Copy and paste all of the content you wish to maintain from the previous articles into the new one.
- The new article should now be formatted, edited, and double-checked.
- 301 redirects to the new page should be set up.
- Finally, get rid of the old pages.
33. Use the Skyscraper Technique
In a summary, it’s a method for converting content into high-quality backlinks.
Here’s how it works:
- Find existing content with lots of backlinks.
- Create something way better.
Now it’s up to you to find out how to make it better. Is it possible to include more up-to-date information? Perhaps the visuals could be improved or expanded to cover additional points.
- Promote your skyscraper content
Go to the sites linking to the original content and ask for links to your superior content.
Here’s a sample outreach template to get you started:
I was reading your post about [TOPIC] and noticed you linked to this page: [INSERT LINK]
Just wanted to let you know that I just published an updated, more in-depth version of this page.
Here it is: [INSERT SKYSCRAPER LINK]
Might make a nice addition to the page?
34. Create an Expert Roundup Post
Expert roundup posts are blog posts in which experts’ quotes are gathered and used in the article. This type of content attracts traffic for the following reasons:
- They feature subject matter experts who are more than likely to share your content with their own audience.
- It is structured in the same way as listicles, which we know perform well.
- Because they collect quotes and recommendations from well-known professionals, they attract a large number of visitors and beginners.
35. Write on Medium
Medium is a user-generated platform that prioritises and recommends content based on the reading behaviour of its users. You should think about publishing your content on Medium because:
- It has the potential to drive constant visitors back to your website.
- It has a pre-existing and engaged audience.
There are also a few sites like Medium where you can publish your work, such as:
36. Get into Facebook Groups
Join some Facebook Groups that are relevant to your topic and share your content there. Again, you must first conform to the precise rules regarding promotion within such groups.
Join in on topics that are relevant to the content you’re attempting to promote. Try sharing it in a way that is conversational and beneficial to the group. You want to make sure you come across as helpful rather than spammy when promoting your online community.
37. Answer Questions on Quora
Quora can help you increase traffic to your website. You must first establish an account if you do not already have one. You’ll need to locate the correct questions to answer once you’ve created a Quora account.
Simply input a term and Quora will propose related topics to you. Choose your themes, and you’ll see the most recent questions on that subject. To add yours, simply click “Answer.” If it makes sense, include a link to any relevant content you have on your site in response to the questions.
38. Post on Product Hunt
Every day, Product Hunt compiles a list of the greatest new mobile applications, websites, and technological products. Product Hunt traffic can be a bit of an art, so here are some pointers:
- Answer to forum inquiries as soon as possible.
- Users who upvote you are thanked in a tweet.
- Spread the word about your Product Hunt launch to your social media followers and email list.
- To track your results, make sure you’ve installed Google Analytics on your WordPress site. Also, make sure your analytics data isn’t affected by referrer spam.
- Check to see if your share images are working on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms.
- You don’t need to ask for upvotes; simply share the URL.
39. Drive Traffic To Your Website From Forums
Forums have been around since the invention of the internet. People have been employing them to bring traffic back to their websites since then. Here are some suggestions for promoting your website on message boards:
- Choose the appropriate forum for your niche.
- Select your username with carefully.
- In your signature, include a link.
- Carefully craft your profile.
- Don’t be spammy.
- Deliver high-quality material.
- New topics should be started.
- Post frequently.
40. Create Your Own Forum
If you can’t find a good forum for your industry, you can consider starting one. In reality, using WordPress forum plugins, you can get up and running in no time. If you go this route, make sure your users are creating high-quality content, that you have moderators, and that your forum has a solid user interface.
41. Pay Attention to Your Website’s SEO Health
SEO is a straightforward process. The majority of the advantages come from adhering to best practises to ensure that your website is healthy and has everything Google expects to see.
Getting these things in place can have a significant impact on the volume of visitors that comes to your site.
- WordPress is an SEO-friendly CMS.
- Good mobile usability and a responsive design.
- A valid SSL Certificate is required.
- A web host that is both quick and reliable.
- Links with relevant sites.
- Content that people are interested in reading.
42. Get Your Content in Featured Snippets
Google has been adding additional information to the search results since its start in order to improve the user experience.
Google’s Featured Snippets are content boxes that display below the search bar. They’re made to give users a speedy response to their search query (without even having to click through to the actual website to get the answer).
Snippets are an excellent technique to drive traffic to your website, especially if you already have some high-ranking content.
43. Use Analytics Data to Find Under-Performing Pages
Open the dashboard if you’re familiar with Google Analytics.
To order from low to high, go to Behaviour > Site Content > Landing Pages and then to the Sessions column.
You’ll now be able to view which pages receive the least amount of traffic.
Check to see whether they’re missing anything from your best-performing pages. Improve these underperforming pages so that every page on your site receives visitors. Google Search Console, notably its Performance tab, is another tool for gathering more in-depth data.
44. Optimize Your Best Traffic Sources
Go to Acquisition > All Traffic > Source/Medium in Google Analytics. You can now see where your visitors are coming from. The source, such as a search engine or another website, is where consumers go before they see your content. Medium explains how people found your work.
45. Steal Your Competitors’ Traffic Sources
The greatest strategy to generate more traffic is to look at what is already working… and then repeat it.
One of the simplest methods to do this is to “steal” visitors from your competition. If you don’t want to be accused of stealing from your competitors, call it reverse engineering instead.
Here are two fast strategies to keep an eye on your competitors:
- Competitor Traffic Method #1 – SimilarWeb
- Competitor Traffic Method #2 – Ahrefs
46. Target Topics with Traffic Potential
One of the most effective strategies to drive constant traffic to your site is through SEO (more on this later in this article).
However, in order for Google to send visitors your way, you must appear for the correct keywords. To put it another way, you need to focus on keywords with high traffic potential.
There are many keyword research tools accessible, both free and paid. Here are a few of our favourites:
- Keyword Explorer by Ahrefs (PAID)
- SEMrush (PAID)
- KWFinder (PAID)
- UberSuggest (FREE)
- Google Keyword Planner (FREE)
47. Do Question-Based Keyword Research
As previously stated, you should write about questions that people are asking. Answer the Public and QuestionDB are two invaluable tools for finding these question-based keywords. Simply type in your keyword and you’ll get a slew of question suggestions.
48. Identify Keyword Gaps
This is just a fancy way of saying that you should look for keywords that you don’t rank for yet receive a lot of monthly searches. Then, you guessed it, attempt to rank for them. This free content gap finder or Ahrefs are the fastest ways to discover keyword gaps.
49. Fix Lost ‘Link Juice’ on 404 Pages
So, how do broken links affect SEO?
When a search engine spider crawls your site and discovers broken links, the spiders may stop crawling your site. It may be prevented from being indexed as a result of this. In other words, searchers (and/or web crawlers) may be routed to a page with a 404 error when they browse your site and click on a link.
50. Boost Authority with Internal Links
Interlinks are hyperlinks that lead from one page on your website to another on the same website. You’ve probably seen them a million times before:
When linking to previous content or related sites in your content, interlinks (or internal links) frequently arise naturally.
Internal links can be used to:
- Help visitors (and search engines) in finding their way through your website.
- Help in the construction of a data structure.
- Spread link juice or authority across your website.
With the rise of digital marketing, it’s important not to overlook the value of digital marketing techniques. Digital marketing can help you save a lot of money in your business. There are numerous approaches and opportunities for digital marketing to help you expand your business.