Despite the fact that many individuals now read news on social media platforms, news aggregators remain popular. They’re a great technique to increase site traffic and improve user engagement. So, in this piece, we’ll look at some of the finest WordPress news aggregator plugins.
Simply put, news aggregators are websites that collect, categorize, and publish material (articles) from other websites. Feedly, Google News, Panda, and Flipboard are just a few of the most well-known. These websites organize posts by relevant tags so that users may quickly locate what they’re looking for. Users can acquire relevant updates from a variety of sources in one spot rather than having to visit multiple websites. News aggregator websites employ RSS feeds to accomplish this, which is where WordPress news aggregator plugins come in handy.
RSS, or Rich Site Summary, is a type of information syndication that allows visitors to read news aggregated from other websites in a feed that refreshes automatically. If you want to build a news site or a news feed, news aggregator plugins are the way to go.
Even while some argue that news feeds aren’t as popular as they once were, more than 22.5 million individuals in the United States utilize them on a monthly basis. As a result, you should not overlook this enormous source of visitors!
The ideal way to incorporate RSS feeds on your site is to use news aggregator plugins. Let’s take a look at why.
- Convenient: A news aggregator’s primary role is to seek, collect, and aggregate news before displaying it on your website. As a result, it saves you the time and effort of doing the tedious labor.
- Highly time-saving: You save a lot of time because you don’t have to go from one news source to another.
- Automatic and effective: Some plugins have extra features like item categorization, keyword filtering, styling options, and more, in addition to automatically updating news from many sources to your website’s feed.
- Easy to use: The majority of news aggregator plugins are really simple to use for both WordPress website owners and users.
The best news aggregator plugins for WordPress are:
1. Feedzy RSS Feeds (Free and Premium)
If you’re familiar with WordPress news aggregator plugins, you’ve probably heard of Feedzy. This well-known tool, created by the renowned ThemeIsle team, is one of the most popular of its sort. It has over 40,000 active installations and a 4.7 out of 5 rating. Feedzy, which claims to be the most powerful news aggregator, claims to make Autoblogging, curating information, importing, and displaying RSS feeds on your site easier than ever. But aren’t those the same features that each RSS feed plugin has? Let’s have a look at how Feedzy differs from other programmes.
- Extremely simple to use: Its features are all simple to use, making it an excellent choice for beginner website owners.
- The plugin was designed with a multi-purposed orientation in mind, so it can adapt to any aim you’re pursuing. Feedzy has you covered whether you run a finance, technology, sports, or e-commerce website.
- The free edition doesn’t have many features, but they’re plenty to make your site look out. Bulk import, feed organization, easy display of RSS feeds, automatic import, and quantity of items control are just a few of the significant features.
- Overall, it’s beneficial to SEO.
- There are a few bugs and minor inaccuracies here and there.
- Some consumers argue that the premium features aren’t worth the money, and that the free version is sufficient.
- Feedzy offers a free basic version as well as three premium options starting at $50 USD.
2. WP RSS Aggregator (Free)
WP RSS Aggregator is one of the most popular news aggregator plugins for WordPress, with over 60,000 downloads. It is worth noting that it not only works with RSS feeds, but also with any atom feeds. WP RSS Aggregator is one of the most popular news add-ons due to its amazing functionality and ease of use.
- Import as much news as you want from as many websites as you like.
- Separate feed sources can be enabled to automatically update new articles.
- YouTube videos can be imported into your website.
- Management of content sources is simple.
- You can customize the template to match the appearance of your website.
- There’s a built-in shortcode.
- Customer service and assistance are not well received in general.
- Some users have complained that the add-on does not always operate.
- WP RSS Aggregator is a free WordPress plugin.
3. Curated WordPress RSS Aggregator (Premium)
Creativeminds is a well-known software company with a strong presence in the WordPress community. To compete in the booming news aggregator market, they have introduced Curated WordPress RSS Aggregator. The best part is that it meets and exceeds expectations. This plugin does more than just show and import news. It collects several RSS feeds and organises and curates the information into categories and topics to create a list of feeds. It’s also a terrific tool for content marketing because of this clever function.
The following are some of the primary advantages and disadvantages of Curated WordPress RSS Aggregator:
- Smart filter feeds: For each feed source, users can add positive and negative keywords. As a result, it will only import content that matches positive keywords while ignoring content that contains negative terms.
- Creating and combining many feeds: Using a shortcode, you may build as many feed lists as you want from various feed sources. Then mix them on any page using another shortcode.
- Feed material can be renewed/refreshed based on interval parameters.
- Image and favicon, date information for the most recent update, wide photos, and more are all examples of creative style and aesthetic aspects.
- A comprehensive product user guide is available, as well as a number of video lessons.
- There are plenty of other wonderful features.
- Because the quantity of purchases is small, quality has yet to be thoroughly tested.
- Some features necessitate some coding expertise (i.e., knowledge about using shortcodes).
The premium plugin Curated WordPress RSS Aggregator costs $39 USD.
4. FeedWordPress (Free)
FeedWordPress is an open-source software built by Charles Johnson as a personal effort. It is not as well-known or extensively used as Feedzy or WP RSS Aggregator. It works on a basic principle. It allows you to import content from various feeds into your site and display it as a series of unique posts in the database. Despite its humble beginnings, FeedWordPress has established a reputation as one of the top WordPress news aggregator plugins.
- Site owners may import and display feeds on their site with a few clicks, making it simple to use and save time.
- FeedWordPress was created with flexibility and configuration in mind, making the setup and modification procedure a breeze.
- Additional choices and features can be found in the manual.
- FeedWordPress receives fewer updates than other programmes because it is a personal and non-profit initiative.
- Support is available, although it can be slow.
- FeedWordPress is completely free to use.
ALSO READ: Squarespace vs shopify
5. RSSImport (Free)
RSSImport is an excellent news aggregator plugin that focuses mostly on showing RSS feeds. It performs admirably as a result of this, and it has numerous options for displaying feeds, including PHP, widgets, and shortcodes.
- There are numerous demonstrations of how to use PHP, shortcodes, and widgets.
- For older versions of WordPress, detailed instructions are provided.
- There are several shortcodes with detailed instructions and examples.
- CSS personalization.
- Support that has been highly praised. In the FAQ section, you’ll find quick and extensive answers.
- There are numerous alternatives, but some of them require additional polishing in order to function well.
- A number of crucial variables, like the date format, are missing.
- It hasn’t been updated in a long time.
- RSSImport is a freely available plugin.
6. Continuous RSS Scrolling (Free)
So far, we’ve looked at 5 of the top WordPress news aggregator plugins for importing and displaying RSS feeds. Continuous RSS Scrolling is a bit of a departure from the norm. This plugin, as its name implies, offers a unique approach to displaying RSS feeds. It displays the RSS feed in the widget area and produces a vertical scroll. For ease of reading, this scroll only includes post titles.
- A one-of-a-kind scroller setting
- Because the installation method is simple, no coding skills are required. To use the widget, simply enable the plugin and drag it to the sidebar.
- Options for speed and delay control.
- There aren’t many options or features.
- There are a few minor bugs here and there.
- Continuous RSS Scrolling is a completely free tool.
7. RSS Includes Pages (Free)
RSS Includes Pages displays RSS feeds as pages rather than posts. This is especially useful for WordPress sites where pages make up a significant portion of the material.
It’s vital to note that this plugin adds pages and custom post kinds to existing feeds rather than creating new ones.
- It’s quite simple to use.
- Quick assistance with thorough answers to frequently asked questions (FAQs).
- 30,000+ users make up a large user community.
- The free version is rather limited. The premium edition has a lot of unique features that aren’t available in the free version.
- Theme compatibility is poor.
- RSS entails Pages is a paid-for app. It features a free edition as well as a $10 premium subscription.
Overall, these are the best WordPress news aggregator plugins available. These are excellent solutions for increasing traffic and improving interaction by aggregating and organising news in one location.
So, which one do you think you should go with? RSS feeds can be imported and displayed on your site using any news aggregator. However, you must carefully consider the options in order to make the feeds beautiful, current, and functional. For example, if you’re just getting started, FeedWordPress is a simple and easy-to-use option. Feedzy or Curated WordPress RSS Aggregator, on the other hand, are good options if you need your RSS feeds content for SEO ranking. Curated WordPress RSS Aggregator is the perfect solution if you have a complicated, multi-branched website that requires extra attention for RSS Feeds. Do you want to try something different? RSS Includes Pages and Continuous RSS Scrolling are both fantastic alternatives.