- 1 What is Google My Business?
- 2 What is Google Business Listing?
- 3 Where Does My Google Business Listing Appear?
- 4 Is Google Business Listing Free?
- 5 How to create a Google Business Listing or Google My Business Account?
- 6 What to do after my business listing is live?
- 7 Benefits of Google My Business Listing
- 8 Concusion:
What is Google My Business?
GMB (Google My Company) is a platform that allows you to create and manage your internet business listing if you serve a local area.
It is critical to have a presence on Google if you are in the business of serving people in any region.
The reason for this is that Google is the default search engine on the majority of mobile devices, and local searches account for 46% of all Google searches. The following are some examples of local search queries:
- Medical Store near me
- Dominos near me
- Travel agency in Kerala
- Bakery Shop near me
- Digital Agency in Kerala
This is why having a Google my business listing may be advantageous to your company.
What is Google Business Listing?
A Google business listing, often known as a GMB account, is a listing made with the Google My Business service. This listing contains details about a company, such as:
- Business Name
- Business Type
- Working Hours
- Contact Number
- Reviews & Ratings
This is how a Google Business Listing looks like:
Where Does My Google Business Listing Appear?
The first thing you should learn about Google My Business is how it works and where your listing appears. Let’s look at the sections of the search engine to see how this works. The top section of any Google Search Engine Result Page (SERP) displays advertisements. This section is dedicated to presenting Google Business Listings or paid adverts for businesses. The Local Pack is located below this section.
The Local Pack should ideally be the first area to display your GMB or Google My Business listing. Only the top three local listings are displayed in this area. Any company’s goal should be to have their GMB listing ranked high enough to appear in this section. The link for “additional places” is located below the Local Pack.
The Local Pack is then expanded by this Google for business listings section, which shows users all of the additional business listings that match their search query. If your Google business listing isn’t showing up in the Local Pack, it might show up here next.
However, if your business is at the top of the market in the user’s location, your Google My Business listing can appear on the right-hand side of the Google SERP on its own, which may be the greatest position for your listing to appear. These are all the areas on the SERPs where your Google business listing could appear.
Is Google Business Listing Free?
Google My Business (GMB) allows you to build a Google business listing with minimal effort so that you can get your business listed on Google. All you have to do now is sign up for a Google My Business account and get started. It’s free to sign up for a Google My Business account. A GMB account is available to businesses of all types and sizes.
ALSO READ: Article Submission Sites List 2021
How to create a Google Business Listing or Google My Business Account?
It’s simple to set up a Google My Business account. To create a Google My Business account, follow this step-by-step guide:
- Go to Google My Business Site to learn more. Alternatively, go to https://www.google.com/intl/en in/business/.
- Go to the upper right corner and click the Manage Now option.
- When you click it, a screen will appear asking you to register your business with an email address. You have the option of using a domain-based email or a basic Gmail account.
- Click “Add your business to Google” after logging in.
- Make a name for your company. Your company name should only contain the name of your company. This section should not contain any information on the location or other details. For example, if you own a cake store or sell fish, you should write “Shelly’s Cake Shop” or “Andy’s Fresh Fish,” not “Shelly’s Cake Shop kerala” or “Andy’s Fresh Fish Bangalore,” as this is not regarded proper.
- Select a business category.
- GMB then invites you to add a physical place for customers to visit, such as a store or office. When people search for your business on Google, this location will appear on Google Maps. If you want people to come to your business, select yes; otherwise, select no. However, unless there are other factors, the majority of the time, the firm will say yes.
- If you choose Yes, you will be required to fill out the following information:
- If you serve customers outside of your business’s location, select Yes; otherwise, select No.
- It is necessary to indicate the location if you provide delivery services outside of your area. For example, in Kurar Village, Malad East, a store sells fish. They do, however, supply to adjacent areas such as Orlem and Palm Springs. As a result, the company would have to list all of the places where they provide services.
- After you’ve added all of the locations where you service, you’ll need to provide your contact information, such as your phone number and website.
- Simply provide your contact information. You’ll need to authenticate your company now.
- It can take up to two weeks to verify Google business listings. You will receive a postcard with a code addressed to your company address. Your listing will go live once you add this code to it. You can also authenticate your Google My Business account later, but this will not give you complete control over your listing. Clicking on mail is the best and most suggested next step.
- All you have to do now is wait for your postcard to come when you click on mail. The postcard will contain a code that will allow you to verify your business’s location.
- Use the code on the postcard to validate your company listing once you’ve received it.
- Your company listing becomes live and accessible to the people you serve as you enter the code.
What to do after my business listing is live?
After you’ve verified your listing, you’ll need to improve its visibility. You should perform the following to improve your business listing:
- Add photos and videos to your listing (videos must be less than 30 seconds long, less than 100MB in size, and have a resolution of at least 720p or higher).
- Add your customers’ ratings and reviews.
- Write a compelling description of your company and a list of the many products or services you provide.
- For any deals or changes, create a post and share it on your listing.
ALSO READ: Top Image Submission Sites list 2021 for SEO
Benefits of Google My Business Listing
Helps to show up in Google Local 3-Pack
A Google My Business listing has several advantages, including increased visibility and the ability for customers to locate the business regionally. The local 3-Pack is designed for searches that have a local focus. Many businesses strive to be included in the local 3-Pack, and they use more and better SEO tactics to achieve this goal. It displays before the organic search results and improves search engine rankings.
Trust from customers
It should be mentioned that this is a digital search. Customers are interested in learning more about the companies with whom they do business. Building a loyal customer base is critical since it keeps your business going and helps you achieve notoriety. Choosing a free Google My Business Listing can assist in keeping clients informed and up to date about your services.
Customers will trust you if you include contact information and other features in your Google My Business listing. Users already trust Google, and websites with a Google my Business listing have the advantage of being displayed first in search results. This has a significant impact on consumer confidence.
Ratings help to get more customers
Ratings and reviews are well known for boosting business or persuading clients to purchase a product.
goods or make an investment in a specific service. Local firms are frequently up against stiff competition. Customers can rate your business on Google My Business Listing, which is beneficial. Websites receive higher evaluations as long as high-quality items or services are routinely given.
Ratings reflect not just the positive aspects of a company, but also the areas that want improvement.
Customers should do more than just visit a website; they should interact with it. Providing customers with the comfort and security of personal interaction creates a positive impression and improves SEO rankings. Customers can use Google My Business to get easy access to websites, such as links, contact information, chat boxes, and even the ability to schedule a service in advance.
Increase traffic and sales
By raising a website’s Google My Business ranking and thus increasing visibility by having Google suggest it, a Google My Business listing can enhance traffic and sales.
Customers are more likely to trust and buy from Google My Business-listed businesses. A high Google My Business rating boosts the amount of high-quality visitors to your website.
It helps websites rank higher in local searches and increases traffic as buyers click on the site, boosting the likelihood of a successful sale. Businesses gain greater local traffic from potential customers who are looking about.
Local SEO has evolved into an important component of Search Engine Optimization. In a very short time, local questions have taken over searches.
In the last two years, searches for “near me” or “close by” have increased by almost 900 per cent, and 72 per cent of consumers who conducted local searches visited a retailer within 5 miles. With the rapid rise in the number of local search queries, having a GMB account has become a must for businesses.